Sunday, December 8, 2013

Who Am I?

I am Jaimie Robinson.

Recently, my husband and I had the opportunity to teach our Primary Children (Ages 6-7) the importance of names. We played an object game where we would show one of the children an object in a bag. They would be the only one to see it and they had to describe it to the rest of the class without using its name. For example, one child looked in the bag and saw a wooden star. He turned to the class and said "It has five points, it is yellow, and you find it on a Christmas tree". Almost immediately the children all raised their hands with excitement. They all knew it was a "star". We continued to play this game with seven different objects. All identified by their attributes.

After playing this game we realized that you can describe something and we can all identify its attributes. As the lesson went on I began to think "how would one describe me? how might someone identify Jaimie Robinson?"

If I were to describe myself I might start with my love for music. I have always had a deep connection with singing. I do not know if I am an amazing singer or even very good but I do know that it is something I love to do. When I sing I feel happy and closer to God.
Secondly, I love my family above anything else in the world. I cannot imagine life without them. They have been a huge influence in who I have become today.
Last, I love to see other people smile. I often find myself trying to comfort or take care of others because I cannot stand to see someone unhappy. This can be a taxing attribute as some might say I am a pushover or care too much. I will admit this can be true in some cases. But nonetheless it brings me so much joy to help others.

Others may describe me as someone who is obsessed with the color purple, possibly a little crazy and energetic, and mostly a happy person.

One day when someone hears the name Jaimie Robinson I would like to be identified as a woman who loves Jesus Christ and God above anything else. I want to be full of service. I want to do unto others as Jesus would have me do. I want to have the light of Christ shine through my eyes and reflect in my countenance. Nothing matters to me more than to please my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I have experienced many things in my life so far and one thing I have learned is that when I am living in accordance to their will nothing can keep me from being truly happy. They have provided the way for me to experience true joy and as I do their will I know this to be true. I hope to continue to get closer to them and be more like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment